Five minutes ago Holly fell asleep in the Pack N Play. Now perhaps you don't understand the full impact of this statement. Let me explain...no, there's no time...let me summarize. Hollys don't fall asleep anywhere except in her parent's arms while they rock her, sing to her or walk around the house with her on our shoulder. Knowing that Chelsea (I've been calling her "the nanny up until now to protect her identity- but she says it's ok to call her by name) gets her to sleep everyday at her house wrapped up like a baby burrito for several hours by herself has irked us for weeks now. Tom went over on Friday and got a tutorial in correct swaddling procedure and borrowed Chelsea's super swaddling blanket.
So at 2pm when Holly started rubbing her eyes, Tom took over the process and began working on getting her to fall asleep. He wrapped her up, rocked her a bit, laid her down and... she began fussing at him. Now don't get me wrong. I'm adverse to the whole "cry it out" thing. I think it's fine if you want to head that route, but I'm a wuss, I accept that and I have no intention of doing things that way. I think it helps that Holly's a good night sleeper, so we haven't really needed to deal with the fatigue that drives many formerly anti-cry-it-outers that direction. But anyhow, Holly wasn't crying, just kind of grunting at us. Ten minutes later her grunting became more angry, so Tom went in and rocked her and told her that she was sleepy and should go to sleep. Put her back down and left again. Two minutes of grunting later and she was out.
We're free!
Free of baby rocking and holding while she naps!
Free I tell you!
Free at last!
THANKS CHELSEA!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!! That is SO great!! I am so happy for you guys :) Oh, and for Holly, too!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!
ReplyDelete