Friday, January 15, 2010

Holly's furry family


I have received many questions about how Holly's furry family (Frank and Cubbie) are handling their new sibling so this post is dedicated to them. If you're not a cat-lover, you can skip it. I realize that the photo above isn't great but I have to say that it's very hard to find a photo of Frank and Cubbie together. To begin with, Frank absorbs all light and Cubbie reflects it. Then there's the fact that they rarely hang out together. Finally, I'm a negligent Kitty Mom these days and my iPhone (out of 108 photos) had 3 cat photos (but 90 photos of Holly).

I dropped Holly off at her nanny last week and when I returned to the house without her both Frank and Cubbie looked at me with relief and tried to climb in my lap while I worked. When I returned with her a few hours later they looked disappointed and slumped off to the bedroom. I think that says it all. They're not wild about her, but I'm hoping she'll grow on them. Frank spent the first two weeks pulling his hair out whenever she cried. Cubbie was OK until she realized that she wasn't allowed to climb in my lap when Holly was there (which is most of the time). Holly, for her part, just noticed that there were two walking fur balls sometime about 2 weeks ago when she reached out to grab Cubbie's tail. I'm sure you can imagine how well this act went over. Like I said, I hope she grows on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment