
There are many things I love about being Holly's mom (or Moo Cow, as I sometimes call myself). A short list would include holding her little hand in the middle of the night as she nurses, watching her smile, rubbing cooling lotion on her little bottom (no diaper rash- it's preventive), listening to her cute little noises and splish-splashing with her in her little tub. There's really only one thing I hate and that's the total helplessness of what to do when she's wailing for no apparent reason. You run through the list (fed=check, diaper=check, etc) and then you're left with the ones she can't tell you about (gas, fatigue, etc). Or the possibility that she's just upset for no reason she can put her finger on. At those times I would happily pluck a chicken and dance by the light of the full moon to get her to stop crying. In our house, this has become a running joke. Our cry has become "SHOW ME THE CHICKEN!" as we search for something to calm her when she's upset. Happily, this doesn't happen too often. But all babies get upset and Holly is no exception to that rule. We joke that carrying her a certain way is "the chicken" but the next night it might be the vibrating chair or soothing water sounds. Shes just over 6 weeks old now and the need for "the chicken" is starting to become less and less often. We don't have any photos of her wailing (would you put your screaming baby down to take a photo?!?!?) but I think this one shows her ability to be express anger.
No comments:
Post a Comment