Monday, November 30, 2009

October 23 at 10:08pm


I was scheduled for induction at 7am on October 23rd as I was a week overdue. I went into labor at 1am that morning and labor stalled sometime in the afternoon so they had to induce me anyhow. My mom, my sister and Tom were there with me throughout the ordeal. I started pushing sometime around 6:30 or 7pm and she finally emerged with her hand up near her head (after I had an episiotomy) at 10:08pm. Dr. Avery delivered her at Durham Regional Hospital. Happily- I remember few of the details until they put her on my chest. I'm also pleased to report that the numbness in my leg went away at some point and so I'm pretty much back to normal now.

Holly's stats
  • She was 8lbs 7 ounces.
  • 21 3/4 inches long
  • blue/gray eyes
  • LOTS of brown hair

No comments:

Post a Comment