Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthdays, Annual Meetings, Sand, Sea and Sleep

So... we've been busy! Since our last blog, we:
  • went to DC and celebrated Holly's Grannie Annie's Birthday (with nearly the whole family)
  • went to my Annual Meeting
  • ate dinner with our friends and their sweet boy, Nico
  • Tom and Holly went home while I stayed at my Annual Meeting spending my first night alone in more than 19 months
  • drove to the ocean to spend the weekend with Aunt Miki (and Uncle Rob, Mike, Emily, Andrew, Reid, Keighly and Teagan)
  • played in the sand
  • played in the water
  • played in the backyard... and so much more
Throughout it all, I am pleased to report that Holly has continued to sleep well, eat well and generally be our happy little toddler. This weekend will be our first one at home in about a month. Holly learns so much every day! Tonight she was in her room "reading" Curious George goes to the Aquarium while Tom ate dinner and I unloaded the dishwasher. I watched her quietly from around the corner as she turned each page, pointed and "read" what was happening in the book. I know, I know... typical mom gushing over her child. But isn't she just so cute?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment