Sunday, April 3, 2011

A small sandbox

Holly really loves being outside. She particularly likes to denude our flowering plants, dig in the dirt and give her flower offerings to our little stone Buddha. She listens to the birds, pets the trees and fills her hands with rocks, flowers and acorns. We recently discussed getting her a sandbox since our soil is hard clay but we realized that we really didn't have the time or money to create a proper one for her. This is when I realized that Holly is small and her expectations are even smaller. So I explored my options at Home Depot. I came home with $2.50 worth of play sand and a $2.50 sandbox (also known as a pot tray for a very large pot). Holly thinks her $5 sandbox is awesome! On an impulse, I picked up a small sifter at the grocery store. Then we finished it off with sea shells from our beach travels in Thailand. Do I at least get points for creativity???? Yes, she has a bow in her hair. I'm trying to let her bangs grow and this is my attempt to keep her hair from bugging her in the interim. Holly doesn't mind as long as she doesn't realize it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment