Thursday, September 23, 2010

11 months!

Holly is 11 months old today! I still can't believe it. I realized this week that my baby will soon be a toddler. I am so excited to see every step of her growth as she toddles along.

You can also really see her little personality. Last week I came home from picking her up at Chelsea's, came around to the back seat and found her sitting with the entire head of the rubber duck in her mouth. As soon as she saw me laughing, her mouth broke into a wide grin and the duck fell out. She likes to do things just to get a grin out of us.

She still adores the cats and chases them all over the house. Cubbie is quite gentle with her despite the vast quantities of hair that end up in Holly's little fist while I try to encourage "GENTLE!" play. Frank still doesn't seem to know how to handle Holly. He looks at her with loathing one minute and the next he kisses her forehead. I have a hard time separating them when it's time for Holly's naps. He wants to curl up next to her and when I carry him out of the room, Holly cries.

Obviously from the photos, she's pulling herself up very well. She hasn't quite figured out walking yet. She pulls herself up on the shelf to grab something, then she'll see something to the right just out of her reach. So she'll sit back down, crawl over closer and then stand back up. I feel like it's only a matter of time until she figures out that she doesn't need to crawl to mobilize. But no hurry. She's growing up fast enough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment